Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Letter Home #5

Dear Friends and Family,

Thank you all for all your prayers and support which has been noticed by the all-seeing eye of an Awesome and good God who rewards all according to their deeds, whether good or bad. (2Cor.5v10)

As is to be expected, life out here is not without its trials and who can tell the benefit it has been to me to be supported by faithful friends and their prayers. I really am grateful to God for the help of His people's prayers on my behalf. Please keep it up! (2 Cor.1v11; Rom.15v30)

Outline of some updates:
-the arrival of Andrew S.
-my first module passed
-arrival of tractor
-latest village trip
-prayer requests

On Thursday the 17th March Andrew S. arrived with K. from B. He and I share lodging together and he has been a blessing to have around. We share similar struggles in our lives and God has strategically brought us together at such a time as this. The Lord is so wise and His understanding is inscrutable, and wonderful!

I found out this week that I passed my first module with 75% so I can submit the remaining modules now for my first subject, "Learning how to Learn"- a good introductory course for me to have done. My second subject is also going well, "The Life of Christ".

The long-awaited tractor arrived much to K.'s great delight! He is currently on the look-out for a good trailer to use with it. This is a significant part of the whole school-building operation which is being realized right now.

Baba H., A. and myself recently spent three days up in the village, visiting friends in their gardens and holding meetings as well. It was a very encouraging time for the locals as well as us. We believe several life-changing decisions for good are imminent. We are due to go up next week as well. There is great anticipation amongst the folk up there that many will be joining their number soon. Please be talking to the Father for them and on their behalf.

We had some interesting moments as our transmission box's bearing has broken, so we were unable to engage four-wheel drive and our approach was on wet roads! It was like taking off my training wheels so to speak and so much rejoicing on my part when we arrived safely in one piece. All great experience!

Prayer requests:
We have to take the cruiser down to JHB to repair the transmission bearing. Lord willing, we plan to coincide that trip with my return visit to S.A around the 10th April and at the same time help a ministry friend transport his goods down to Pretoria for him. Then I hope to use the vehicle to transport some of my goods back up to Malawi with it...
In order to do this, some finances are needed - which we are currently working out what that might require.

I also can ONLY transport my goods back up IF my TEP comes through before I leave the Country. I have 14 days left before that cut-off date!
Please pray for all the logistics of coming down, packing things up etc.
-Spending time with Natashia, pray for wisdom and grace for us.
-I also need a laptop to hopefully take back up with me.
-Funds are required as soon as possible to commence building a place for me to live in up there.
-A four-wheel drive vehicle with high clearance is needed for myself as soon as possible.
I plan to be down in Hillcrest for only two weeks or so as I have to allow for about two weeks in JHB to repair the vehicle and then I need to get back to Malawi a month after leaving as the vehicle is vital to the work up here.
It is interesting that after about two months of being here, like last time, the trials have been the most significant. I praise God that the trials I had last time are no longer issues for me, the Lord has allowed other trials for my sanctification and growth, and the extension of His Kingdom.
I praise Him for His grace in them and I have been enabled to say (for the most part) with Paul,"..as sorrowful yet always rejoicing,.." And at times, His "peace like a river attendeth my way".(Horatious)

His grace has been experience on deeper levels, and what worth can one place on the sanctifying work of the Spirit to the feeble, finite believer in this Omnipotent, glorious, eternal God and Saviour!? Amen.
"Be exalted above the heavens,
O God;
Let your glory be above all the earth." Ps.57v11.

In His grace and undeserving favour,
love to you all in Him.

Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment